Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Saturday Somewhere

When I started this blog, I had the idea I would write every Saturday to coincide with my first bryanbrinkman/Twitter #DesignAShirtAWeek connection.  Most who read this will never know I missed last Saturday.  For those who do.  Sorry!

For this weeks blog, I decided to pimp my design for one of my other blogs, CaliforniVacation: SoCal Style.  In the process, instead of finding yet another web presence you may upload your t-shirt design to, I would mention (in case you didn't know 'cuz you may not) your awesome t-shirt designs may also be uploaded for use on other products you may offer for sale through sites like CafePress and Zazzle.

For CaliforniVacation: SoCal Style I wanted to go for an entire theme.  In Southern California (SoCal) a load of people live here and a load of people visit as tourists (how's that for being specific?)  We are low on water and high on trash.  In an effort to be green, I desired to include in my theme a SIGG Bottle,




a tote bag,


a t-shirt,

 tee by nb2cDorkBjork. Available from MySoti.com.

and a beach towel.

Search as I might, I only found one web presence that offered customizable beach towels but not in a way that CafePress, Zazzle and MySoti let you offer them.  To use this service I would have to preorder myself a number of towels with my design and then handle the money and shipping, etc. myself.   No thanks!

In the meantime, I am a little excited about some of the products Zazzle offers.  You can put your design on a skateboard.  You can have your design on a pair of women's KEDS shoes.

You can create your own Converse Chuck Taylors.  Although, as exciting as this is you can customize color combos according to their color selections for different parts of the shoe but you can't upload a design and have them print that on the canvas.  Who knows?  That day may soon come.  That would be exciting.

And as sometimes happens, perhaps I am not the only one who would love to buy custom beach towels.  A whole in the market perhaps?

So, enough about me.  Here is @bryanbrinkman week #7 entry:

Apple Worm tee by bryanbrinkman. Available from MySoti.com.

Another brilliant (may I say and he doesn't pay me to) design.  Love how the apple is implied instead of shown.  Love the t-shirt placement.  Love the originality.

I'd include the most bought MySoti t-shirt here, but it is the same as my last blog post.

And I'd include (happy to pimp) one of this blog readers designs here.  Alas, I know of none.  This spot in future blog posts is certainly available along with any inspiration or tips you'd like to share.

Until next time, live creative and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment