Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is it Saturday Already?

I have a challenge I want to put out to the cyber Universe and t-shirt designers in particular.

My last name is Bjork.  In many ways I am a dork.  And I have an seemingly incomprehensible and no reason admiration for that hybrid utensil, the spork.  I also have a love for Taco Bell's Baja Blast Soda.  Taco Bell is still one of the few places I know I can go and be reminded of my love for sporks.  In case you have no idea what a spork is, click here to see its wikipedia page.

I love @bryanbrinkman's designs and admire them immensely because he has a talent either I don't or am unwilling to practice to see if I can excel with it more, illustration.  I am good with coming up with a design that I can create within my skill of the tools available via Paint Shop Pro and relying on words.  @bryanbrinkman can illustrate and is confident enough to let the design speak for itself without words.

Don't get me wrong and this is one of this posts point, my seeming limitations don't have to keep me from prospering with my own design astetic.  Nor should you allow it to limit you.  Picasso, Van Gogh and Warhol all had different styles, yet prospered dare I say because of their uniqueness.

My other point, I could well envision myself having some sort of pop art spork-inspired design empire some day.  In the meantime, I had an idea for a t-shirt design that I would name "Sporkberry Fields Forever".  I even have somewhat of an idea how I would have the spork look.  That's about it.  That seems to be as far as I get.

My hope is that I may inspire some t-shirt designers in cyberspace to take my idea and run with it and come up with something awesome we could both promote and prosper from.  Maybe if enough of you submit designs, we could have an entire collection of sporkberry designs.

One of MySoti's most popular designs is Marilyn Sane (see below), which combines two items from pop culture in clever way.  Together we may be able to come up with something similarly ingenous by combining two pop culture icons into one design.

Marilyn Sane tee by RikkiB. Available from MySoti.com.
Below is @bryanbrinkman week #8 #DesignAShirtAWeek submission "cat + ice cream = <3".  Now I really understand why I feel the way I do about math. 

cat + ice cream = <3 tee by bryanbrinkman. Available from MySoti.com.

Below is my week #8 submission.  Many hearts, one love.  It's one for the girls.

nb2c Many Hearts, One Love tee by nb2cDorkBjork. Available from MySoti.com.

Until next time, live creative and prosper.

1 comment: