Friday, January 15, 2010

Pop Art


So, the title alone of this blog would seem to denote that it would be about t-shirts.  Normally that would be true.

I have had a good run so far with MySoti in simply uploading my designs as t-shirt designs.  Every time I do, I have always been a little curious about their option to upload your design as a canvas/poster.  So, I gave it a try.

I liked it.  It was easy.  And like Andy Warhol before us, one might argue that t-shirt designs (which I liken more to pop art) aren't art.  Until they are.  Am I right?

So this week I as suggesting you give it a try (if you haven't already).  And even though I am not including one of my t-shirt designs as the embedding MySoti provides in order for you to blog about your art, I love this photo that I've turned into art with a few strokes of my laptop keyboard.  Maybe it will inspire you.

Mahalo.  Aloha.

Winter Waves Pt. Dume Malibu artwork by nb2cDorkBjork. Available from MySoti.com.

1 comment: